13 Thoughts That Go Through Your Head During a Half-Marathon

Your alarm goes off at an ungodly hour and you realize, “Holy crap, it’s here! It’s race day!” And that’s just the first of the many thoughts I had when I toed the line at my very first race, the NYCRUNS Queens Half Marathon, just a few short weeks ago. I finished with a glowing sense of accomplishment to match my morning enthusiasm, but during the race? Well, here’s what it was like.

RELATED: 7 Tips for Running Your First Race

Mile 1

naked

Photo: Giphy

I could be sleeping in right now. Why did I sign up for this again? Oh, right.

Mile 2

vagin

Photo: Giphy

Whew, starting to get hot as the sun comes up. Full-length leggings maybe weren’t the best idea.

Mile 3

water

Photo: Giphy

Here’s a new skill I’m really bad at: Drinking water while running at the same time. Definitely didn’t practice that enough.

Mile 4

master

Photo: Giphy

Oh no. NO. I have to go to the bathroom. Don’t think about it, don’t think about it… ahhh!

Mile 5

phoebe

Photo: Giphy

This energy gel just gave me a magical boost! Maybe I actually can make it through the next 8.1 miles.

Mile 6

Photo: Giphy

That person has a super-weird run.

Mile 7

pain

Photo: Giphy

My feet hurt. So do my legs. And my lungs.

Mile 8

pizza

Photo: Giphy

Seriously, where can I get pizza after this?

Mile 9

everything

Photo: Giphy

My legs are on fire, and I’m probably going to need to be taken home on a stretcher.

Mile 10

selfie

Photo: Giphy

But I have to make it to the end, or else I won’t get to take a finish-line selfie.

Mile 11

beat

Photo: Giphy

Eff yes! Rihanna “Disturbia” is here to save me. Thank you, playlist.

Mile 12

hill

Photo: Giphy

Wait, what? Where did this humongous hill come from? I thought the hard part was over.

Mile 13

jess

Photo: Giphy

Just one little. bit. farther

Mile 13.1

weekend-update

Photo: Giphy

Whew, I made it!!!

 

shes-the-man

Photo: Giphy

That wasn’t even that hard.

RELATED: Motivational Mantras To Get You Through Your Toughest Workouts




from Health News / Tips & Trends / Celebrity Health http://ift.tt/1LNb7T0

Disqus معرف

نظام التعليقات

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

What they says

© 2013 Health and people . WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.