What ‘Bachelorette’ Kaitlyn Bristowe Has to Say About Being Slut-Shamed by the Show

At the end of last week’s season premiere of The Bachelorette, fans got a sneak peek at Kaitlyn Bristowe’s “journey to love,” with scenes from a goofy group date (sumo wrestling!), a chopper ride (around the Statue of Liberty!), and a dramatic shout from a clifftop (“Hello, Ireland!”).

RELATED: 10 Ways to Improve Your Relationship Instantly

But about halfway through, the trailer takes a turn. Some heavy breathing in the dark indicates Bristowe has had sex with one of her suitors—and for much of the remaining promo, the Bachelorette is in tears. She hides her face, hangs her head. Then she tells the other men what happened. One of them storms off. Another breaks down. She’s accused of going on the show to “make out with a bunch of dudes on TV.”

“I made a mistake,” Bristowe sobs. “That’s doesn’t mean I’m a bad person.”

RELATED: 13 Reasons to Have More Sex

But that’s exactly how the producers have cast her.

Viewers immediately took to Twitter to voice their disappointment in the show:



RELATED: 4 Yoga Moves for Better Sex

 

And now Bristowe herself has shared how she really feels about the teaser: “Honestly, it blows my mind,” she said in a new interview with Glamour. “To me, the physicality part of a relationship is so important and I’m thinking about a lifetime with somebody.”

Does Bristowe think this would’ve been as big a deal for a Bachelor?

“I don’t think the Bachelor would get the, what do they call it, the slut-shaming … I think it would be very different. I’m a 30-year-old woman, and I make my own decisions, and I’m willing to talk about it. And I’m not ashamed of it.”

The producers, however, are the ones who should feel bad. Sure, you could say it’s just reality TV and brush it off, but framing all the drama of this beloved show around such sexist and tired tropes is lazyand possibly harmful.

RELATED: 8 Ways Sex Affects Your Brain

 




from Health News / Tips & Trends / Celebrity Health http://ift.tt/1dvQ5O2

Disqus معرف

نظام التعليقات

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

What they says

© 2013 Health and people . WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.