11 Beauty Products From the ’90s That Have Stood the Test of Time

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

 mimi-logo-il6.jpg

It’s always fun to mock the ridiculous beauty trends we loved in the ’90s (feathered bangs, anyone?), but the Last Great Decade deserves some more respect. Despite all the tacky neon packaging and a seriously unhealthy fascination with glitter, the ’90s was actually a rather simple time. It was about using scientific advancements to find solutions to everyday problems, like frizzy hair or oily skin. Like Vanilla Ice once famously said, “If there was a problem, yo, I’ll solve it.”

Not surprisingly, many of the beauty products that were popular in the ’90s have endured as timeless staples that still hold up today. When I started this article I was planning to feature only five products, but there were just too many good ones to choose from. As they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right?

Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

Whenever my skin is feeling a little dry and irritated, I draw myself a warm bath and sprinkle in this dermatologist-recommended colloidal oatmeal mix — just like I did as a child. Except sans rubber ducky this time.

$6.19; Amazon

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

Remember when your worst nightmare was forgetting to take off your Biore Pore Strips before talking to your crush? A lot has changed since then, but these powerful blackhead-removing adhesive strips have not — in fact, they might be even better than they used to be.

$7.19; Amazon

CK One

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

There’s a reason everyone fell in love with CK One back in the day: because it smells like what being a teenager feels like. So break out your Cranberries CD and spray yourself silly until it feels like 1994 all over again…

$49; Sephora

Clinique Facial Soap with Dish

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

It was the summer of 1995 and I was 11 years old. My roommate at ballet camp (yes, that’s a thing) had a face soap she swore by and was nice enough to let me try it out. This was my first introduction to Clinique and I’ve been a loyal customer ever since.

$14; Sephora

Jergens Daily Moisturizer

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

There’s not much you can rely on in this world — except for Jergens body lotion. It was a staple in my house growing up in the ’90s, and to this day it remains one of my go-to fixes for dry skin.

$5.64; Amazon

Caboodles

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

Truth: the Caboodle is one of the most practical inventions of our time. I remember toting my sticker-clad Caboodle everywhere, just in case I needed a quick touchup or an emergency bobby pin. I wouldn’t recommend opting for the same sparkly one you owned as a tween, but if you wanted to go old school, I certainly wouldn’t judge.

$13.99; Target

Aqua Net Professional Hair Spray

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

I still have flashbacks of my dance teachers spraying me with Aqua Net until my hair felt like a helmet. And I mean that in the best possible way. To this day, nothing keeps the flyaways under control like this oldie but goodie. And with slicked-back hair currently back in fashion, a bottle of this stuff could really go a long way.

$8.33; Amazon

Dove White Beauty Bar

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

“We only use Dove,” I remember my mom saying when I begged for the latest candy-scented mall concoction all my friends were using. Now I finally understand why — this bar is basically the LBD of soaps.

$7.19; Amazon

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Conditioner

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

I can clearly recall being a little kid and standing in the shower counting to 180, beyond excited to rinse and feel my silky, smooth hair between my fingers. Nothing tamed my South Florida frizz quite like Aussie’s classic conditioner. And the best part? It still gets the job done. All together now: 1… 2… 3…

$2.97; Amazon

Clean & Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

When this product first hit the market I remember thinking it was the best invention EVER. I mean, pocket-sized pieces of paper that soak up your oil? Brilliant. Just because you’re not in high school anymore doesn’t mean you’ve stopped suffering from the occasional (read: frequent) bout of forehead perspiration. As the commercial says, these little sheets will keep you “clean, clear, and under control.”

$8.98; Amazon

John Frieda Frizz Ease Original 6 Effects Serum

Photo: Courtesy of MIMI; Art: Courtesy of Elysia Berman

This cult classic serum changed my life in 6th grade. I started using it after a boy in school asked why my hair looked so crazy (somehow we’re still friends). I made a mad dash to the bathroom and realized that by “crazy” he actually meant frizzy. So I went home that day, coated my hair with a few pumps of the good stuff, and returned to school a new woman.

$6.19; Amazon

This story originally appeared on MIMIChatter.com

popsugarblack_small.jpg MIMI Chatter is an endless stream of beauty content. We bring together the must-knows and the how-tos from your favorite sites, beauty influencers, our editors, and YOU.



from Health News / Tips & Trends / Celebrity Health http://ift.tt/1OTaklz

Disqus معرف

نظام التعليقات

Back to top ↑
Connect with Us

What they says

© 2013 Health and people . WP Mythemeshop Converted by Bloggertheme9
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.